Plants Are Dope is a celebration of plants.
We humans wouldn’t be alive without plants. Plants are involved in every aspect of our lives in some way. Here are just a few ways in which plants are dope:
- Plants take the CO2 we exhale and turn it back into oxygen
- Plants help purify the water we drink
- Grains, vegetables, legumes, fruits, and seeds provide us food
- Herbs and spices make our food taste even better and promote health
- Plants regulate the temperature on our planet and provide us shade
- Trees can be used for wood to make us houses, desks, tables, bed frames, bookshelves, etc.
- Trees give us paper we can write on and read from
- Flowers provide us color and joy
- The presence of plants can calm our nerves, steady our mood, and improve our physical health
- Many plants can be used as medicine or topical treatments
- Cotton, hemp, bamboo, linen, and other plant materials provide us clothing and other fabrics
Plants Are Dope exists as a reminder to appreciate plants.
Who’s behind Plants Are Dope?
Hello! My name is Jay and I’m a freelance writer living in Minneapolis. I love taking walks and looking at plants, I have a few houseplants myself, and I’m on a plant-based diet and trying to use more plant-based products.
I’m not a farmer or botanist or horticulturist or vegan chef, which is to say that I’m not an expert on plants. My profession is writing. I am a plant enthusiast, though, and I’ve created this site to entertain, provide information, and help people appreciate plants.